Did you know that…
- Millions of trees are used as utility poles every year.
- A tree ready to use as utility pole is > 20 years old.
- These trees are treated with toxic chemicals.
- Pollutes the ground water and soil.
- Huge contributor to deforestation.
- Life cycle 5-15 years.
- The cement industry is one of the largest contributors to CO2 pollution.
- A concrete pole have life cycle >15 years.
- Due to the weight you need a crane during installation, slow installation.
- High weight prohibits many poles on one truck, expensive transportation.